News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Australian Jellyfish

Started by Latimeria, September 27, 2015, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, it looks like all those weird jellyfish my daughter I and saw last week in the back of San Diego bay are Australian Jellies!  Wow. I wonder what else is back there besides that beast I lost which was the second of 3 monsters that eluded me the last 3 trips.  (No, I'm not still bitter!)

Here is a pic I took last week and watched a big sea turtle eat one! 
This is a small one, but they ranged in size from small to big bucket sized and were either yellow or white.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Rare-Australian-Jelly-Fish-Spotted-Off-Coast-of-San-Diego-329675691.html

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

Hope I don't run into those surfing. During the last jellyfish invasion the dude in front of me duckdived and came back up wearing one as a hat.

Latimeria

Quote from: skrilla on September 27, 2015, 11:59:04 AM
Hope I don't run into those surfing. During the last jellyfish invasion the dude in front of me duckdived and came back up wearing one as a hat.

LOL

sasquatch

Worse would be box jellies or the tiny ones you can barely see but kill you in minutes. Why do people live in Australia?

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on September 27, 2015, 12:29:49 PMWhy do people live in Australia?
Good fishing and huge sharks from the beach.  8)