News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Did The Surf Finally Give Up The Grinners? (10/6)

Started by Latimeria, October 07, 2015, 06:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Steve and I hit the surf to almost PERFECT conditions!  Small surf and No salad, but outgoing tide and a stiff N breeze.  In either case, it was easy soaking in the suds.

We got bit on EVERY bait, but they all happened to be small bass with big appetites and lots of lobster.  We burned through a few bags of bait and it could only soak about 10 minutes maximum before the hook was cleaned of meat.

We soaked until 10pm before calling it quits with nothing to show.  I hooked some bass, but they got tossed in the small rolling surf and I was hoping the small bites disappeared which would have meant that a big boy was cruising the area and scared all the little stuff away.

Oh well, we got out and tried as something has to break soon.  I am still hoping for an exotic, but time is slipping away.  There is still time though!

Until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on October 07, 2015, 06:41:36 AM
I am still hoping for an exotic, but time is slipping away.  There is still time though!Until next tide!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...........keep at it guys  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H

lamnidae

You guys keep trying.  There's got to be something out there.

raychavez91

It'll happen soon, I expect to get out in the next week or so and land 1, I'm sure it'll cheer y'all up ;)

sasquatch

It was a late night for me. I was hurtin a little at work today.

Had a good experience with a courteous beach goer. No naked chicks this time though.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Castmaster

Also uber slow at my honey hole.  Two weekends in a row now.  What's weird is I kept losing bait and didn't even trigger the bell.  Just gotta keep trying.  My wife told me Bolsa Chica, Sunset, and Seal Beaches were closed today because of the presence of GWS.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Castmaster on October 09, 2015, 08:02:28 PM
Also uber slow at my honey hole.  Two weekends in a row now.  What's weird is I kept losing bait and didn't even trigger the bell.  Just gotta keep trying.  My wife told me Bolsa Chica, Sunset, and Seal Beaches were closed today because of the presence of GWS.

So you should be fishing Bolsa Chica, Sunset, and Seal Beach!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

WheresMyBeer