News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

1st kayak tuna 10/11/15

Started by skrilla, October 11, 2015, 03:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skrilla

Caught trolling a brand spankin new Rapala X-Rap. Not a beast by any means but still a rare catch in our neck of da woods. Coming in at a whopping 12 inches and easily 1 pound tops. El Nino 2015 it aint over yet!

frigate tuna ( similar to bullet tuna except longer pectoral fin extending into the lighter area )

Latimeria

Wow! Congrats Len!  My buddy was talking about if they would ever make an appearance in our local waters!
I've caught them on a boat before, but an awesome catch on a kayak!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

Nice small kine tuna bred ;) looks like perfect hammer bait B)

sasquatch

Eric H

TheCraftsman

There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

skrilla

So I found out these things would make great lobster bait.  ;D

Cut it open last night. Very shallow belly cavity for it's size. I imagine a single chovie would have it lookin like me after T-day dinner. But what it lacks in belly it makes up for in bloodline. Quartered it up. Very meaty slab. Dark red color and yes I did bleed it out. After trimming off all the bloodline the loins were about a horse dean worth of meat haha. Gonna pan fry it in panko later and post up the results.

skrilla

Shoot, out of panko. Whipped up a quick batter instead. Wish I could tell you the recipe but I turned my back for just a second and saw my girl slipped in a little something into my mix. Women.  ::)

Anyway... Monday Night 1st quarter snack. What can I say. It taste like tuna.  :)

As you can see I went all out for you guys on presentation. <3

TheCraftsman

Looks tasty! I do like that you included a cerveza as garnish!
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)