News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bugging the VP (10/18)

Started by Latimeria, October 19, 2015, 09:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, not exactly, but I would talk shop with the VP at work and he would always give me intel of surf conditions since he literally surfs before and after work all the time.  He at least minimizes the amount of time running to certain beaches with a weed, wind and wave report.  He really wanted to go hooping for lobster, but my back was not up for it.  He got his license and all so we made plans to hoop last night. 

We met up to a windy evening in the bay.  A choppy start to the first hoopin trip of the season, but there were not many boats out, so it was pretty damn cool to not hoop in the crowds. 

I'm used to seeing Andrew all decked out and dressed up, so it was fun to get him the attire I'm more accustomed to.

First set pulled and we got 2 legals out of it!  I only have 8 hoops as I lost one or two last year, so we were working with a light deck.

We only put in 4 hours of pulling sets, but ended the night with 8 legals including a 5 pounder!  The grade of bugs were just great, even if we didn't double limit.  Not bad for a half night of fishing though!

I got 4 hours of sleep and had to bring my truck in to get worked on, so I'm vehicle-less right now and hope to hear back something soon.

Great start of the bugging season and better with the light loads that are out there since everyone seems to be targeting pelagics!

-Until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Fine looking dinner, nice haul 8)

skrilla

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Smart money sent the big one home with the boss.. Been wondering how you did all morning but figured you were still asleep.