News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

9-23 Tube Report (MB)

Started by MASSfisher, September 23, 2014, 07:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASSfisher

Hit MB this morning with faster u fool. It's been a looooooooong time since I've had my float tube out. Surprised it still floats  :o.

Time: 0642-0833
Weather

Wind: NE at 0-5 mph, 66 Degrees(F) Mostly Cloudy and Dry, Barometer Unknown
Sunrise: 6:37 am Sunset: 6:44 pm
New Moon, 0% illuminated
3rd Quarter Moon a week ago, 1st Quarter Moon in one week
Moonrise: 6:06 am Moonset: 6:25 pm

The scientist in my likes to keep a detailed log of all my fishing trips. I started off logging everything and then got lazy....now I'm back at it.

Anyway, as of recently I've had an insane desire to catch halibut....and nothing but halibut. I want to be a halibut catching master on artificial lures. So, for the entire day today I drop shotted a few different baits. Chris on the other hand, tore it up on spinnerbaits and the 'bama rig. I managed 3-4 good sized spotties on the 7" bait I was drop shotting. My fish were all about 16" while Chris caught a bunch of fish....some small, a lot decent, some big.

Funny thing is: He wasn't targeting halibut but still caught one. I was targeting halibut, and didn't catch one. Noted, and recorded in my log book. Interesting how things work out sometimes.

The one pic I took today:

Latimeria

They're back in the tube and crushing the bass!  It's nice to hear that Chris got some time off from his 80hr work weeks to squeeze in a little fishing.  :o ;D

Keep up those condition reports coming when you post up.  It's nice to correlate them with what you got.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on September 24, 2014, 06:36:33 AM
They're back in the tube and crushing the bass!  It's nice to hear that Chris got some time off from his 80hr work weeks to squeeze in a little fishing.  :o ;D

Keep up those condition reports coming when you post up.  It's nice to correlate them with what you got.  8)

Yea, can't think of a better thing to do after a crazy work week than slay some bass.

The real thing I want to look for is quality of fishing related to water temperature. Unfortunately, I can't find anything that provides this data. I might have to invest in one of those fancy fish finders things lol