News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Spooky Hoo Hoping (10/31)

Started by Latimeria, October 31, 2015, 07:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I'm not giving up!  If they are still around, I want a shot at one especially since losing that monster last week!

Ugh.. the trick or treater's are thick this year and I cant get a sentence in before my doorbell rings! LOL

OK, here's the story.  Steve and I took everyone's advice this week and planned on hunting for Hoo.  We were armed with the best knowledge, but in the last few days the water turned like no ones business and it is 5 degrees cooler than just 5 days ago.

I decided to go East Coast and go all Penn and leave the Shimano at home.  Literally Old School fishing here!

We were not deterred and still got out at the crack.

The Paddies out there were numerous and MONSTERS!  My god, I've never seen so many nice mats out there!

We continued to troll and had a possible knockdown or two, but nothing left marks that were obvious. 
We hit an occupied paddy and found a TON of yellows and Bullets (or Frigates).  I have some great video that I will upload, but I got Steve hooking and catching one of these little guys! We got a few and kept a couple for "Exotic" shark bait for the surf.   ;D

The bait, yellows and Bullet Tuna were thick under the boat!

Thankfully we brought our bass gear and it was a bunch of fun with these guys!  Gotta look closer, but it is my first Frigate or my biggest Bullet.

We trolled and hit paddies for hours before calling it quits.  Last week in 500 feet of water I found a Sea Lion ripping a Shovelnose to bits!  This week, it was a Doggie of some sorts!

Nothing is safe around these fur bags!

We released a few and kept a few... but no Wahoo again for us.  Last week the water temps were 5 degrees warmer than they were today so it made it pretty hard to catch one.

Happy Halloween everyone!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

Exotic bait = exotic grinner? Hopefully the "hard times" you're going through add up to some good "winter" sharkin ;)

sasquatch

It was a fun day, but no wahoo took the shine off of it.

Pinoyfisher

Never leave the bass gear at home! Hopefully the water improves right quick!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

You sure are putting in the time and effort. Would love to see you get one.

TheCraftsman

Quote from: Eric H on November 01, 2015, 10:33:32 AM
You sure are putting in the time and effort. Would love to see you get one.

X2
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

SevengillTheVC

Nice! Kinda looks luck an unlucky soupfin that dog has, at least by the tail and coloring.

xjchad

Quote from: SevengillTheVC on November 02, 2015, 11:59:41 AM
Nice! Kinda looks luck an unlucky soupfin that dog has, at least by the tail and coloring.

Adam, been awhile, good to see you back on the board!

SevengillTheVC

Reel busy  ;). Hit the sand a few times but nothing worth posting about.