News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The Quest for Fire (11/10)

Started by Latimeria, November 11, 2015, 04:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

The surf was a washing machine with all of the wind so we met down at the bay for a good old Bat session.  I wanted to fish one place and Steve wanted to fish another.  I folded and wasn't expecting much as the mine field around there only gives you a low percentage to actually get them in, but Steve had the wood for a fire.

After releasing a R-Ray, my fears came true when a big bat took me for a long run and wrapped me around a Buoy.  I even got the help of a paddle boarder to try and get my line over the mine, but to no avail.  After he shredded a few dozen yards of line, he finally busted off.

Not long after and my heavy stick got ripped.  I was all over it and tried my damnedest to stop him, but they are like magnets to an iron anvil.  The buoy chain literally broke the 80# shock leader as he made a full circle around it and made the buoy dance and swim from it's original location.  No dice again.

Just after dark, Steve hooks up and releases a decent bat just as Ray was walking down.

I think he got a smaller one also, but the picture was way too blurry.

Ray book ended me and had quite a few hits as well as getting one to shore.

We gave it until 9ish and hit the road.  Nice fire and nice times, but I'm ready to wrestle something big and mean.  I'm starting to build up a lot of steam that I need to let out on something.

Until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

TheCraftsman

Hate those obstacles! Lol... Been broken off on those up here in Ventura harbor many a times!
Wrap up your thumb in 3m Coban and thumb the sh!te out of that spool! Haha...
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

sasquatch

Hmmm. Picture of Sasquatch came out blurry? Hmmmm.

Thought I was in the clear when you got bit. After you lost the second fish to the hazards I knew I was in the dog house. Next time I'm keeping my mouth shut.

raychavez91

Missed quite a few last night. But the fire alleviated some things

vdisney

Bummer about the break offs, good to see some bats.  Been months since I've seen one up here  :P
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Good times!! Starting to miss bat rays!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Tim524

Glad you guys are still chasing Bats, March is just around the corner and I am long over due ;) Can't wait to get more shirts too ;D