News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

FI FML

Started by spideyjg, November 14, 2015, 09:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Trying to get bats so I was not using a wire leader. Guess what? Significant shark bite. Cut me off in a minute.

I dumm.. I hate me right now.  >:(

Jim

Latimeria

Crap... It has happened to us all and there is no way to make you feel better after that happens.

Super bummed you lost it. I've been there too many times to count since I did/didn't use steel leader!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

Sorry to hear that man, next time

spideyjg

My own fault not rigging right but rigging quick. Not gonna do that again. Walking around the beach with temporary Tourettes.

Jim

TheCraftsman

Damn! Bummer! I have thought of going mono leader a couple times lately and then thought.... Naw i use wire just in case..
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

sasquatch

Happens, but I don't use wire in the bay. It was probably that bay hammerhead. ::)

vdisney

Bummer for sure.  I use mono when fishing squid and wire when I fish mackerel or cut bonito........V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Yeah, I usually don't use steel in the bay either. I do use 80lb mono though on my leaders. That should be enough, even for the biggest leopards.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)