News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Trout Openers are coming up...

Started by Latimeria, November 19, 2015, 07:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Lakes and ponds across the south land are going to be opening soon with lakes stocked with trout.  That means hungry bass and big trout....

Do any of you guys target the FW this time of year?  Just curious as I am usually shark fishing the beach, but occasionally get out with an old friend who can only trout fish these days and not sure what this El Nino is going to do to our beaches. 

Just curious and trying to drum up some conversation since the boards have been awfully quiet lately.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

I'll probably get out for a trout session or two. Not my first love but I have s good time when I give it a shot.

xjchad

The mountains will probably be closed with all the snow.  That's were I usually trout fish.  Not sure if there's anyplace around us since we just moved here, but it would be fun.  Need to dust off the fly rod  ::)

Jaws

I've given up on freshwater almost entirely since coming back to SD, not interested in fighting the crowds for stocked fish. Kind of feels like shooting fish in a barrel, not that its particularly easy but I guess just not enough reward for the effort to me.

Between the bats and the sharks almost everything else pales by comparison....

Just my two cents... ;D ;D ;D
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

WheresMyBeer

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.