News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

FI FML part 2

Started by spideyjg, November 21, 2015, 06:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Cut up all the jack and have 2 lines out and waiting.

Forgot my damn chair and belt again.

Jim

spideyjg

Got a ray bite but it the hook didn't cstch

spideyjg

Short version Jack was money, bats were all over it. Joe got a 44" I got a 37". Hooked into a beast that broke me off after eating about 80 yards of line. Joe said that was likely a bat in the high 40s at least.

FML moment, forgot to set the big new spin rig to freespool. Walked to the truck for something, Rig got hit I go down to a long trail into the water and no sign of the gear. 

Mine

Joe's way to knock off the rust.

Jim

sasquatch

Nice fish guys. Sucks about the gear.

Fish Jerk

Awesome job catching. Sorry to hear about the hijacked gear.

Jaws

Great meeting you last night! I still cant believe we didn't even hear that go over and into the drink last night! We were only away from it for less than 90 seconds! :o

Thanks again for the bait and hopefully the gear you lost last night gets you enough karma points to get you a shark at the shark event next weekend!
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

LONGCAST JOE

Not bad at all considering it musta been a few hours after the 6:30ish high on the outgoing...Bay Bats? (judging by the muck in the pics)
So the lost spinner was a Baitrunner? That sucks (I'm assuming thats what you were referring to when you said "freespoool")
Joe

spideyjg

It was a Cabelas Salt Striker which has the bait runner idea in it along with an 11 foot rod. Damn rookie mistake.

The rig was loaded with 50 lb line and I hooked the big bat on that and the more I think about it I believe it may have wrapped around something. Ran a long way and then either the drag froze or it wrapped.

I was so hoping when we landed the 2 that one would have been dragging my rig.

I don't recall what time Joe landed his but mine was right at 9:45 or so as everything else was loaded for departure except the rod.

The activity was pretty steady with crushed baits, stolen baits, breakoffs etc.

Jim

Fish Jerk

Jim, if your looking for a replacement, I have a 12 foot okuma Solaris and an okuma Coronado 80 size that's in brand new condition. I can bring it with me to the grinner gather. I don't use them since I upgraded to conventional.

Latimeria

Holy Smokes!  I wish I could say that was the first rod I've heard of taken, but I've let a friend borrow my rod before and he didn't loosen the drag because it was too much work for him and I watched my rod launch out of the holder!

Super bummer, but it now resides as a story you will never forget and we'll alway remember.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Fish Jerk bring that rig down and I'll check it out. I will be late to the gathering about 6 or so.

I am going to that area to try and exact some revenge tomorrow. Not too Captain Ahabish is it? 

Jim

LONGCAST JOE

maybe bring a grappling hook and drag the bottom some hahaha, never know

vdisney

Nice bats, been too long since I tugged on one.  Sorry about the gear, Verne
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Sounds like the bay is waking up! Bummer about the lost gear. I lost a set up at DeAnza a few years back the same way... never again!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)