News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Yet another stripe

Started by spideyjg, December 17, 2015, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

I know where the hot spot isn't.

Soaked 2 rods for an hour and a half. Nothing

Jim

WheresMyBeer

We barely avoided the skunk in MB with one for like 15 hits. Lost a couple donkeys too. Damn rubber hooks.

vdisney

Hang in there, it will happen.  Better chance of catching with your rods in the water as opposed to sitting on the couch  :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

Hour and a half is nothing. Keep at it.

Latimeria

Yeah, 1.5 hours is sometimes just the chumming point.  Crazy how it's been quiet for you.. you must be wanting to earn yourself a plaque like Sasquatch!?   :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

TheCraftsman

Maybe we should all pitch in for a referee jersey for you!?😜😜😜
Orrrrr..... Maybe just stalk Tom, snipe his spot??😝😝
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

spideyjg

Should have brought a gigging stick to harvest the little stingrays for shark bait. There were lots of them around. Bonked them on the head with the sinker to clear a path.
Didn't even get a squid head stolen

Just irritated that I left work at 5 and didn't get a line in the water until 7:30. Fugging south traffic on Thursday is death. 10 miles takes 2 hours  :o >:(

Need to stick with the original Thursday plan and head north. I could be fishing in the Soup Kitchen in an hour or TP in 40 minutes. MB is just unrealistic to get there by comparison on Thursday.

Jim

TheCraftsman

If it makes you feel better, I had to drive home from Newport Beach yesterday during death hours.. Took me 3.5 hours to make 95 miles.. It was a mo@$& f@&?$&😡
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Eric H

Quote from: TheCraftsman on December 18, 2015, 07:57:39 AM
... Maybe just stalk Tom, snipe his spot??😝😝

I know where it is. I saw tom and steve fishing a while back right across from me on the other side of the bay. I saw many hook ups on there end as well as mine. The spots no secret anyway.

Latimeria

Quote from: Eric H on December 18, 2015, 05:22:56 PM

I know where it is. I saw tom and steve fishing a while back right across from me on the other side of the bay. I saw many hook ups on there end as well as mine. The spots no secret anyway.
Lol, have fun if you think that's where we've been.  Wrong time of year and wrong tide. The beauty of MB is matching season with tides in multiple spots. The bat season righted itself with the instant water cool down. Walk the shore and look for signs. I spent too many hard years of searching and experimenting to just give instant satisfaction, but armed with the knowledge that you guys are accumulating.... It is easier and more satisfying.  8)

Jaws

Quote from: Latimeria on December 18, 2015, 08:51:16 PM
Quote from: Eric H on December 18, 2015, 05:22:56 PM

Lol, have fun if you think that's where we've been.  Wrong time of year and wrong tide. The beauty of MB is matching season with tides in multiple spots. The bat season righted itself with the instant water cool down. Walk the shore and look for signs. I spent too many hard years of searching and experimenting to just give instant satisfaction, but armed with the knowledge that you guys are accumulating.... It is easier and more satisfying.  8)

Mission bay is only 4235 acres soooooo not that big a place ::) ::) ::)

Not that many hot spots and with all the hints that have been dropped around here lately that is narrowing things down quite a bit! LOL   I've been sworn to secrecy on a few but we've discussed some of the less "secret" spots.. ;D Just like I'm sure you've seen that sometimes a hundred feet of movement one way or the other on the shore can affect the bite. You are putting the time in for sure! You will be rewarded Jim! It took me two years to break 42" and almost a year longer to break 50+, so you are already on the fast track for the big ones!
I personally spent a lot of time studying topo charts of the bay , kayaking with my fishfinder and when all else failed stalking Tom and Steve!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Latimeria

WheresMyBeer

I'm ... uh ....

That was great ...

Merry Christmas ...

Pinoyfisher

Binh is fishing today, hit him up!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on December 21, 2015, 12:50:46 PM
Binh is fishing today, hit him up!

I would but there are too many irons in the fire today. The boss, me, says that has to get done and there is only me to do it. Besides all my stuff is at home.

Give me a heads up 24 hours ahead of time and I can gear up.

Jim