News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

low tide 7s

Started by Eric H, December 19, 2015, 07:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric H

most of us fish for them during a solid incoming tide.

ive seen a couple members land them during a fairly low tide.

I recently saw a youtube video of a couple guys nailing 7s in socal, (I uncovered their spot via google earth :)  .He mentioned that fishing for them was best during your big high tides and your real lows....

intrestsed in your thoughts. If the low thing is true this gives more opportunity to get out....

stupid pui  ???

Edit: ive seen them caught in litarally 3 ft of water..

sasquatch

I don't stay home because it's not an incoming tide. Big surf and weeds turn me off though.

spideyjg

With my schedule I can barely find times where the weather and surf align. I can't sweat the tides.

Low tides are a pain with the super long walk from stable rod holder sand to the water.

Jim

WheresMyBeer

The f@ck tides have to do with anything? You only fishing an hour or two?

Shoot, my fishing depends on when I can go. Those SCSF peeps put too much thought into this crap. LOL ...

Yeah, big surf and weeds are more important than tide move in my book. When you soak for 4 or 5 hours you're bound to hit a swing on one side or the other. At least, if you actually fish. ;D ;D ;D

Chris

I only fish incoming tides that have more than a 5ft swing on a new moon.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Big tides usually mean tough weeded surf, but thankfully we are keeping track now with the shark list and could get some ideas.  I'm also going to graph some of the data for quick visual reference.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

I only fish when I'm allowed to go.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

TheCraftsman

Although he was possibly/probably intoxicated, there is some truth to that.  To a certain extent, put bait on a hook and throw it in the water.
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Chris

If I can only choose one weekend a month to fish or get one trip for the next 3 months I'll look into tides and moons and pick what I believe to be the best for the fish I'll be targeting and the area. Since I live so close to the water I just try to get on the water at the peak low and fish through the high tide. Both sides of the swing. Might not be the best conditions or lunar phase but water movement gets fish moving.
Keep it tight

sasquatch

Quote from: TheCraftsman on December 22, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
Although he was possibly/probably intoxicated, there is some truth to that.  To a certain extent, put bait on a hook and throw it in the water.

You forgot "wait, sometimes hours, sometimes days." Makes a difference where you throw it too, although this past year opened my eyes quite a bit on that point.

WheresMyBeer

Chris

Has anyone tried using rays or chunks of Ray? You can soak a ray for two days and it will still leave an oil slick and bleed when you pull it out. I've caught sharks on Ray chunks after 10 hour soaks. 7 gills prey on them and so do grouper and Black Sea bass.
Keep it tight

Pinoyfisher

I have, no luck. Then again, I didn't soak it for days.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)