News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

low tide 7s

Started by Eric H, December 19, 2015, 07:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Quote from: Chris on December 22, 2015, 07:10:34 PM
Has anyone tried using rays or chunks of Ray? You can soak a ray for two days and it will still leave an oil slick and bleed when you pull it out. I've caught sharks on Ray chunks after 10 hour soaks. 7 gills prey on them and so do grouper and Black Sea bass.

I'm waiting to catch a proper sized one and then implement "the plan". I was at MB and many little rays were around but I didn't have a gig.

30+" bats won't fit in the freezer.

Jim

Jaws

Quote from: spideyjg on December 22, 2015, 08:28:04 PM
Quote from: Chris on December 22, 2015, 07:10:34 PM
Has anyone tried using rays or chunks of Ray? You can soak a ray for two days and it will still leave an oil slick and bleed when you pull it out. I've caught sharks on Ray chunks after 10 hour soaks. 7 gills prey on them and so do grouper and Black Sea bass.

I'm waiting to catch a proper sized one and then implement "the plan". I was at MB and many little rays were around but I didn't have a gig.

30+" bats won't fit in the freezer.

Jim

Jim

Trust me they can be made to fit......don't ask me how I know..... :o
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

spideyjg

Quote from: Jaws on December 22, 2015, 08:47:30 PM

Trust me they can be made to fit......don't ask me how I know..... :o

The key is making them fit without the wife getting irate.  :o

Jim

Chris

Cut them into bait size chunks and put them in freezer bags. Easy day. Do it on the sand before you go home.
Keep it tight

TheCraftsman

How do you kill a ray efficiently? Knife through the skull?
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Chris

I just toss them on ice. I never liked killing them with a knife because they'd bleed everywhere and lose a lot of blood. Plus the ice water would get into the meat and taint it.
Keep it tight

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect