News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Morning Surf Sesh (10/5)

Started by Latimeria, October 05, 2014, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I probably should have taken the boat out since it was just an epic flat morning, but my back was still jacked from the hooping night and I wanted to get back early. 

I met Steve at the beach to a lot of weeds in the dark.  We moved over to another beach and found it relatively weed free.  Steve said Magic seaweed was calling for only 2-4 or less... Well, we saw a lot of overhead, if not double overheaders coming in! Luckily, we both managed a fish before the beach got too crowded.

I got a bat ray...

And Steve a Guee-tar.

Not much, but we didn't get the skunk and that's alright in my book.

Until next tide...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Even with the heavier than expected surf, we had a little protected zone going for us. Between that and the Klammer Hammers it was totally fishable. Won't be long before we retreat to the bay though.

raychavez91

Definitely better than a skunk! To bad no toothy kinds tho

MASSfisher

Nice work! I hit the bay 2 nights ago and the current was insane. Couldn't keep a bait from moving 30+ yards.

Maybe I should hit the surf one of these days....

sasquatch

Maybe try a different rig. Pyramid and a three way swivel. Reel in gear, drag light. Should work better.

MASSfisher

Quote from: sasquatch on October 06, 2014, 05:27:21 PM
Maybe try a different rig. Pyramid and a three way swivel. Reel in gear, drag light. Should work better.

Good idea. I had a 3 way with a 4 oz. pyramid....the reel in gear but light drag is something i never though of.

sasquatch

Light drag makes it easier to keep your gear. Make sure you have sn idea how much you can tighten it. Maybe bump up to a 6 oz pyramid.