News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Mission Bay New Area

Started by lamnidae, January 23, 2016, 12:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamnidae

Last night, my boys and I tried a new spot for us, an old standby for others, De Anza Cove.

Used squid and older mackerel. The bait sealers were out in droves. Some good size smelt pecking away.

Two hits were just larger smelt picking up the bait and being tricky.
Had one really good pickup, felt chomping on the other side, but I was too inpatient.

Had a good time with my boys though. Slow before high tide peak, completely dead after.

A skunk is a skunk. I have a lot of work to do to prepare for Bat Fight.

Latimeria

Damn good attempt.  MB has not been kind to us the past few weeks as far as bats have been concerned.  I can only imagine it is going to pick up here as it can only get better than what we got going.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Better to have a slow night now than at the bat fight. Good to get the kids out of the house.

lamnidae

True on all accounts. Of course, it would be great to be the one to break the MB slump. The squid seem to be the most interesting to those that wanted to nibble.

spideyjg

Just a swag but since we had all that rain and it dumped into the east side of the bay maybe it dropped the salinity and the bats ran into the depths to find comfortable salty water.

Jim

lamnidae

That is a possibility. Maybe the front end with more water movement.

Eric H

My best night in mission bay was just after a rainy day. Absolutely wide open...

lamnidae

Interesting. I've wondered about how the bite would be during or right after the rain. The biggest question is what conditions am I willing to fish in?

Eric H

I've experienced fishing turn on fire as soon as it started raining for both fresh and saltwater species.

Don't let a little rain keep you off the water..

lamnidae

I will need to remember that, kind of like tonight. Almost went but hesitated.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

Quote from: Eric H on January 23, 2016, 06:23:14 PM
My best night in mission bay was just after a rainy day. Absolutely wide open...

Was that a little rain or a deluge like we had about 2 weeks ago? Along with the poo spill adding even more "fresh" water to the mix.

Jim

Eric H

I don't recall, it's been a few years...

Maybe theyre full from eating all the poo.

lamnidae

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)