News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

2/9 TP 4pm-530pm

Started by xpoc, February 10, 2016, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpoc

Hey all, its been a while!

Seems like summer is already here huh? Time to get the hours in on the sand.

Tides

Started with crack on a #4 mosquito drop shot. My son had a carolina rig with crack on a #4 mosquito as well. Broke my weight off early on and switched to a Jig with a 3" swim grub. Couldn't find a bite to save my life. My son informed me that he was having bites every cast (rocks ;D). Water was clear of weeds.

This was my sons first surf fishing trip. The day was spent working mainly on the retrieve, keeping that line tight! He was able to get in a few well formed casts towards the end.

He was stoked! After taking a minute to watch the end of the sunset, we reviewed the days events then headed back to the truck. He commented "I guess we're both fishermen now, huh Dad?"  8)

He will be turning 6 in April.

Went home with a skunk, have to say though... Still one of my favorite surf sessions for sure  :D

Stopped by Rubios on the way home, Taco Tuesday baby!

Till next time. Tight lines!  8)
BAT FIGHT!!! SD4TH3W1N 2016

Latimeria

Great pictures, Great Sunset and greater time with your son!  Bravo sir!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Skunks are so much easier to deal with when you have an awesome fishing partner! I love fishing with my kids!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

8)
I love the sessions with my kids too! 
That report gave me goosebumps, best one I've read in awhile  :D

sasquatch

xpoc

Thanks guys.

There seems to be enough fathers on this board. We could set up a friendly surf fish off focusing around the kids?

Long rods on the soak and the kids hunting for bait? Anyone else down?

Spring break is next week!
BAT FIGHT!!! SD4TH3W1N 2016

xjchad

Quote from: xpoc on February 10, 2016, 02:04:15 PM
Thanks guys.

There seems to be enough fathers on this board. We could set up a friendly surf fish off focusing around the kids?

Long rods on the soak and the kids hunting for bait? Anyone else down?

Spring break is next week!

Awesome idea!

BackBayMan

Anybody have an emergency beer?

WheresMyBeer

vdisney

You're making memories that will last a life time.  Grew up fishing with my dad, then I took my daughters and now my granddaughter.  Kudos my man.............. 8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect