News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Valentine's evening bay soak

Started by raychavez91, February 15, 2016, 08:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raychavez91

Wasn't expecting to get a chance to fish Sunday and surprise surprise gf mentioned she wanted to fish the bay. Score.
Got there at roughly 5 to an incredibly packed Fiesta island, took 2 round trips to find a spot I'd settle with.
Fished it till 8, she got got 2 pull down from butterfly rays.
Today we brought the light gear to soak for the bats.
At 8:30 we got to the new spot. She got the hot stick. And got absolutely owned on the 20#braid. No chance of this ray slowing down as it was spooling her and ended up busting the line since we had to thumb it.
Re-rig a mack chunk. Bendo 5 mins again after she casted. Really good fight followed by a nice 40" bat hitting the sand.

Release it and see my rod go bendo. This 1 I whipped quick, didn't measure, but i'd say 40" aswell.
Packed up in the next hr as we had no more solid hits.
Had in n out after and twas a good night

xjchad

raychavez91

xjchad

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xpoc

BAT FIGHT!!! SD4TH3W1N 2016

Latimeria

You're an animal!  And what a great Valentine's Day!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Fishing isn't what my wife would call a Valentine's Day option.  :'( You lucky bastard!  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

vdisney

Quote from: 1morecast on February 15, 2016, 03:13:04 PM
Fishing isn't what my wife would call a Valentine's Day option.  :'( You lucky bastard!  ;)

Maybe that's why my ex left me..................... :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H

There's an enjoyable night, very cool 8)

Starfish🌟

'Twas a very nice VDay 🎣👸🏼 
🎣👸🏼💕