News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

OTW in MB

Started by spideyjg, March 08, 2016, 08:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

2 lines out, nothing yet. Too many nut jobs at the stores so I got started late.

Jim

spideyjg

Changed baits. Signs of little pickings.
Getting cold so may call it early. Damn cursed Penn 506 is with me.

Jim

Pinoyfisher

You need a fire Jim. Creature comforts. May try to head out before Sat too. I'll let you know.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

Gave in at 9:30. Nothing happening in the depths and I saw no little rays in the shallows. I like when the sand has eyes.

I went on the western side of the bay to dodge the runoff some.

Jim

lamnidae

Was the water murky?

spideyjg

Quote from: lamnidae on March 09, 2016, 12:33:35 PM
Was the water murky?

Not really. I've been on the east side after rain and it was nowhere near that level. Little "haze" but that is it.

This was the southeastern bit of Vacation Island.

Jim

Jaws

I know the spot you're talking about Jim that's a looooong stretch of REALLY shallow water.....great bay bass spot , just not sure if that's a great ray spot.
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

spideyjg

Quote from: Jaws on March 09, 2016, 08:02:33 PM
I know the spot you're talking about Jim that's a looooong stretch of REALLY shallow water.....great bay bass spot , just not sure if that's a great ray spot.

I've gone down there at low tides pumping ghosts. Never tried for rays but figured it was worth a toss since it would be less sewage right after the rain. Lots of bait fish running just no rays to be seen.

BTW grabbed another Saltist today for the batfight. Going to leave the cursed 506 home.

Jim