News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Post Bat Fight "Bat Fighting" (3/15)

Started by Latimeria, March 16, 2016, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I was thinking of taking a bye this week due to a hectic week past and week ahead, but it was Tuesday afterall...

Went to the Bat Fight spot and it didn't disappoint.  I had a few short runs I missed before hooking up with a lower 40" model.
His head was all puffed up and I went for the fun shot to show his good side.  ;D

The night fell and I had at least 3 or 4 short runs as well as Steve.  Well, Steve had more rod shakers than clicker runners, but that dude makes a GREAT fire!  I always considered myself a great keeper of the flame, but Steve definitely has me edged out in that category.

Finally after a few more bait squishers, I got another legit run and fight!  This one acted tougher than it s size, but was a respectable mid 40's in length.

All fish on small mackerel (cut in half).  6oz pencil weight with 80# leader on a 9/0 Octopus.

Otherwise, it was a great evening as usual...  Gotta love it.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

From hero to zero in a matter of days. Still nice to be out.

Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of tending the fire.

Sure hope to be hitting the surf soon.

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

raychavez91

Nice stuff Guys! Keep away from the surf and stay at the bay

Latimeria

Quote from: raychavez91 on March 17, 2016, 05:52:39 PM
Nice stuff Guys! Keep away from the surf and stay at the bay
I plan on making an epic surf run FYI!
Lol

Eric H

Like the close up pic of the ray, I'm starting to miss them...

raychavez91

sasquatch

Latimeria

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect