News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

10/23 Cuyamaca Report

Started by MASSfisher, October 23, 2014, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASSfisher

Got to the lake at 6 am. It was freezing out. So cold that i couldn't move my fingers to tie a knot  Laughing

I have been looking forward to this trip all week since I've been so busy with work and school. Normally I have all of my gear and tackle packed and ready the night before. This was not the case this time around. Get to my spot and realized that I forgot some essentials in my truck: Net, stringer, and a few other little things...

Tried a few different spots without any luck. Saw a few guys catching but it seemed pretty slow. I make one final move to the dike (never fished this side of the lake before) and was rewarded with a decent sized trout. In my rush to the lake I forgot my net in my truck....fortunately a man walking by just as I hooked up went down on the rocks and netted my fish for me. What an awesome dude. I hope he got his limits today.

Latimeria

Nice one boss!  Even those fins look nice and crisp.

It looks like I need to pull out and tune up the trout gear.  Something about trout fishing that brings me back, love it.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

That does look healthy. Congrats!

MASSfisher

Thanks guys. It was fun to pull on something with the ultra light gear. I love fishing for the bigger stuff with heavy line....but it's so much more nerve wrecking when you fish with 2-4 # line.

Here's another shot of the same fish: