News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

First Post! Report from last night 🎣

Started by Starfish🌟, March 22, 2016, 03:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starfish🌟

So the day started like this...

Woke up from a nap and woke Ray up to go fishing. (Around 6:30pm)🌆

He didn't think the conditions were good enough to go surf fishing, but I convinced him and we took off. On the way over to our spot, he saw it was a full moon 🌕and was windy🌬, he was not very optimistic.

We set up the surf rod and brought the light rods as well. The bite started late. But it started.
I hooked up 🎣on a nice size calico. I posed for a picture📷 and then released him. 

Ray hooked up 🎣on something. He was hoping for a hog, but turned out to be a MINUS ONE. ❌ He tried hiding it but I managed to get a picture. 📸

He then hooked up 🎣again and it was a baby Leo. A couple minutes later he hooked up 🎣once again. Another baby Leo. 👶🏼

Ray wanted to pack up, it was only 10:45pm , It was getting colder and the wind picked up but I wasn't ready to leave just yet.

I went to rebait but the box of squid was empty! Oh no :o.  But I dug in the bag and found one lonely squid , just waiting to be used!!  :D
Then bam, I hook up. 🎣 She put up a little fight, but I managed to bring her in. This one had a little belly.

(At this point Ray was getting agitated, as he is very competitive) 😂

It was now 11:20pm , and FINALLY Ray brings in a bass. It wasn't a hog as he had hoped (or as big as mine🐟) but he got his redemption. 😌

Didn't get any bites on the surf rod, no Sevens. Tough surf but well worth it. 👍🏻
🎣👸🏼💕

LONGCAST JOE

Should we assume Ray realizes how lucky he is?? A girl that wakes him up to and convinces him to go fishing with her...really?  ;) S M H
JOE

raychavez91

I get the impression everyone assumes I'm very competitive, idk why. Nice report starfish. I was taking it easy on you.  8)

spideyjg

Starfish is cleaning every ones clock on bass lately. Glad it isn't a contest.

A -1 becomes neutral if you use it for bait.

Hoping to make a scouting trip Thursday a bit to the north.

Jim

Starfish🌟

Quote from: raychavez91 on March 22, 2016, 04:15:35 PM
I get the impression everyone assumes I'm very competitive, idk why. Nice report starfish. I was taking it easy on you.  8)

Lol there is no such thing as "taking it easy" when it comes to fishing.  It's up to the fish 😉
🎣👸🏼💕

raychavez91

Quote from: spideyjg on March 22, 2016, 04:20:55 PM
Starfish is cleaning every ones clock on bass lately. Glad it isn't a contest.

A -1 becomes neutral if you use it for bait.

Hoping to make a scouting trip Thursday a bit to the north.

Jim
I actually saved the round ray for bait. I may or may not have specifically targeted it for future 7gill bait....

Eric H

Nice report starfish, you kicked rays ass ;D

SevengillTheVC

I love catching rounds, for bait. Good job guys, cool to have a girl who loves to fish. I'm luck to have one too, but not as hardcore as Starfish! Way to go guys and gals!

sasquatch

Nice report.

Better step up the game Ray.

Jajajajaja

Tim524

The bass were willing to play, nice report 8)

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on March 22, 2016, 10:26:01 PM
Nice report.

Better step up the game Ray.

Jajajajaja
Yep... She'll be ahead of Ray in the leaderboard in no time!  We alread know she has a second 7gill that is somehow not listed. Lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

Starfish🌟

Thank you all 😌  I enjoyed writing this report. Hopefully soon we'll have a seven gill report 😂😂
🎣👸🏼💕

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

I loved when she called out his -1.... lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.