News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Big L.A. Bats have arrived

Started by LONGCAST JOE, March 26, 2016, 06:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LONGCAST JOE

Thought I"d give it a shot last night since conditions seemed to be favorable to see if I could hook into one of the ,so far this year ,ever elusive L.A. batrays. Hard headed as I am, I tried one of the same spots I've came up empty at a few times over the last couple months. It payed off  this time as I managed to beach this 52" hard fighting beast.She gave me a good run for my money, taking me up, over and around a couple little finger jetties that jut out on each side of the AO & almost spooled me...twice! Got her on a few fresh caught grunion pinned in a clump on a 10/0 circle, just as the grunion run was starting.The whole time I was in bendo mode there was grunion washing up & doing their thing at my feet.

Ilet my GF hold my rod for a few minutes during the tug of war to give my muscles a short rest. She didn't know quite what to think  of this thing that outweghed her beached on the sand...lol

Thanks for reading...
Joe

WheresMyBeer

WOW big one! Dang 52 doesn't seem right. That thing is a PIG!!!

Congrats boss. Nice going!

Tim524

lamnidae

It's nice to be the first to get a beast in an area that's been slow. Great job.

Eric H

Nice one 8)

Sounds like the LA spot.

I may head there this coming weekend to pull on some :)

vdisney

Nice indeed Joe, super stoked for ya  ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Damn, that thing looks bigger than 52"!  Well done boss...

Bravo Sir, Bravo!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Does look bigger to me but 52 is a major fish by any stretch. Whats in your left hand in the mid pic Joe? Looks like you were measuring with a burrito in hand.  ;)

Jim

Latimeria

Quote from: spideyjg on March 27, 2016, 08:54:55 AM
Looks like you were measuring with a burrito in hand.  ;)

Good eye!  Looks like he was refueling after the fight   :D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: spideyjg on March 27, 2016, 08:54:55 AM
Does look bigger to me but 52 is a major fish by any stretch. Whats in your left hand in the mid pic Joe? Looks like you were measuring with a burrito in hand.  ;)

Jim
Your very close ,lol I had to take a look myself to see what you were talking about but  its a piece of cold pizza folded up. My GF must have handed it off to me to hold as I handed her the camera to snap the pic...
Do grunion make it into your exotic baits catagory, Jim?

raychavez91

Awesome job man. Love them big bats!

xjchad

SevengillTheVC

That is a swole bat! Nice going Joe!

WheresMyBeer

Just saw the burrito. Slime add flavor?

spideyjg

Quote from: LONGCAST JOE on March 27, 2016, 09:35:03 AM

Do grunion make it into your exotic baits catagory, Jim?

Not really. Grunion are native and a typical prey when they run

I wish I had some :(

Jim