News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Tire kicking hate

Started by spideyjg, March 31, 2016, 08:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

I drive my cars until they are ready to drop. My wife's is an 02 with 130K and my little truck/fishing wagon is a 98 with 180K and change.

Looking for a replacement for the truck is going on now but haven't liked anything I have looked at. Toyotas just have an uncomfortable drivers seat placement and current Nissans are in the tank reliability wise per Consumer Reports. The small V6 trucks/SUVs stink on gas mileage, too.

Looking means dealing with fuggin car salesmen which is the most painful part. Freaking piranhas.

May replace her vehicle and just replace anything the truck needs until it rusts away.

Jim

Latimeria

I know that pain.  Good luck in the hunt, Jim.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Just bought two through Costco. Pretty painless.

Probably in for a third. Outside Yosemite right now picking up a uhaul to bring my sons truck back home.

Pinoyfisher

My 04 Accord is nearing 200K miles and running great! Knocking on wood right now ;) I have a 92 4Runner given to me by my father-in-law, it needs a new water pump, timing belt, and hoses. Don't have time to do the work or $$ to have someone to do it for me :(

Go Costco, they're awesome!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

I will use Costco when the time comes and I know what I want.

Still kicking tires. I've hated the drivers seat comfort on everything so far.

Jim

WheresMyBeer

I'm a sucker for pain too. Acura MDX has 230mi on it now. But the recent upkeep is starting to cost bucks.

Have a 99 suburban to ... that only has 100K  :P :P :P.
Door handle on the driver interior just broke though. Opening the door via window / reach outside.  ;D ;D ;D

sasquatch

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on April 04, 2016, 03:49:09 PM
I'm a sucker for pain too. Acura MDX has 230mi on it now. But the recent upkeep is starting to cost bucks.

Door handle on the driver interior just broke though. Opening the door via window / reach outside.  ;D ;D ;D

Been working out?

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: sasquatch on April 04, 2016, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: WheresMyBeer on April 04, 2016, 03:49:09 PM

Been working out?

Yes

spideyjg

Looking at various vehicles but towing capacity has so many caveats it is a migraine.

I like the Subaru Outback but it lacks adequate transmission cooling to really haul in hot climates.

May just need a beater old V6 truck as a boat hauler only in addition to a new day to day/shore fishing car.

Jim