News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Screw haul

Started by sasquatch, April 02, 2016, 10:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Sons truck died. Hit uhaul, picked up a truck and trailer to bring it back.

Flat tire when I got up to leave this morning. Called roadside assistance. Guy shows up to change the tire and finds another with a split and a third borderline bald. Changes all three.

Then asks where the wire connector is for trailer lights. Rental guy never hooked it up. I didn't check, but, shouldn't have to. Especially after the guy says he was going to.

Roadside guy gets the harness, hooks up, test the lights. Rewiring half the trailer because ther was a short. He rocks, but, it should have been done already.

Finally on the road now.

raychavez91

congrats on a fine morning, squatch

Eric H

Not surprised the wiring wasn't hooked up, from what I've seen most the guys that work at uhaul are idiots.

Latimeria

Good deed for your son and the roadside assistance guy. Maybe I could use some of your good karma to get a big Grinner.  You've seen me do it before. 👌
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Finally home. Son had a six pack on ice waiting for me.

The trip up took five hours. The return, 8, plus the tire/light time.

Tipped Marvin the mechanic $20. He went beyond expectations.

vdisney

What we'll do for our kids, kudos  ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect