News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Pre-storm Soup 4/6/16

Started by WheresMyBeer, April 06, 2016, 10:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

Got the itch to go one more time before the week-long bad weather rolls in.

So, I scratched it. Solo.

Put together a kick ass chicken fettuccine for the family, grabbed gear and picked up 3 macs. Conditions weren't the best, but no weeds. First bait out at 8pm and alarm set for 9:30.

Caught a few small bass, one ass hooked, but wasn't expecting much more.

Checked the phone 9:10 and the click goes screaming. Right kind. Forgot how fun the fight is.

Got it to shore and tried for a few extra feet with a wave and my line snapped. Shark was high enough I ran down and tail grabbed the finish (yes, no rope).

Didn't have my tape but measured with the rod. Top section is 74" so calling this a 72". Quick pic and back in the surf.

Stoked to get my first grin of 2016. Happy hunting guys!

Aloha~
WMB

4/6/16 - Soupfin - 72 - Female - Mac (tail) - 2-3ft - Incoming (top) - new moon?

xjchad

8) Right on! Stoked for you man!

LONGCAST JOE

Way to go! That just got me stoked. Thats the shark to beat in April, gonna be tough. Like Ive said, a 78" soupie gets my vote over a 90" sevengill.

sasquatch

Damn. My 3 foot leopard got knocked out of the race before the picture even got posted.

Nice one Dave.

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on April 07, 2016, 04:22:12 AM
Damn. My 3 foot leopard got knocked out of the race before the picture even got posted.

Nice one Dave.

The picture was posted.. 3 hours before his!  Your legal leppo would have been Soupie bait for Dave's though.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

Tim524

Cool catch, and a 1 man operation is impressive too 8)

lamnidae

Very nice job. At that photo angle, it doesn't look like a soupie, but something far more sinister.

SevengillTheVC

NICE JOB!! Congrats on the solo of it too I know how hard that is. And congrats on saving it after it snapped!!

Pinoyfisher

Nice one Dave!! I was planning on heading out, even had macks thawing in the sink, but I punked out. Damn, I need to man up!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 07, 2016, 10:03:02 AM
Nice one Dave!! I was planning on heading out, even had macks thawing in the sink, but I punked out. Damn, I need to man up!!

Thanks guy! Sadly, i'm actually sore today  :(

Mike, you thaw your macs? Don't they get all squishy?

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on April 07, 2016, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 07, 2016, 10:03:02 AM

Thanks guy! Sadly, i'm actually sore today  :(

Mike, you thaw your macs? Don't they get all squishy?

Not totally thawed out. Just enough that I can put it on a hook, but still cold enough that you can't hold with your bare hands for too long.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Rammer

Nice one Dave!! Solo in your secret spot.  ;) Makes for a challenge.
Rammer