News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Did I just...?

Started by LONGCAST JOE, April 08, 2016, 10:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LONGCAST JOE

Spend almost $500 on a new rod?
In the wise words of Eric H - "Save up your money for something quality, what you really want"..
I did, a Daiwa Saltiga Ballistic Surf, model SA-BS 35 405G,3 piece, 13'3" rated for 20-50# line and 6-12oz casting weight. I opted for not the heaviest in the series, the 40, rated 25-60#, 8-16oz because I didnt want to always have to throw a minumum of 8oz plus I already have a XXXH set up.
I rationalized with myself that it can be fished as spinner or casting rod so its like 2 rods in one.

Oh yeah, and $750 of a Shimano Aero Technium XSC 10000 reel to pair with it...a conventonal caster is next, I'm thinkin maybe a Daiwa Millionare that would pair well with it? Open to input on good caster suggestions

Might have a little trouble making the morgage this month but who needs a roof over their head if I can be on the sand casting this set up all the time?
Cant wait to hit the beach this weekend and see what I can do with this outfit...
JOE

Eric H

That is cool.

I'm sure you get pleasure by simply walking by and looking at that set up.

Ive made big purchases on gear plenty of times knowing that I'd be in a tight bind with coming bills.

Glad you decided to wait.

I'm starting to think I want one of those rods too now :)

Pinoyfisher

:o  Too rich for my blood!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Wow! Beautiful set up!
I can't wait to see what it catches. Congrats
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Damn Joe, I wish I would have read this before last Monday.  I had no idea....otherwise I would have been taking pictures and drooling  :P
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect