News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Making Monsters our PB's. 4/14 Jumbo grade bats.

Started by SurffishingSean, April 14, 2016, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurffishingSean

Arrived today with windy conditions and a bigger swell then previous days that rapidly increase throughout our session. Opted for the 6oz pyramid sinker with a 50lb dropper loop. 1st cast i broke off before it was even too tight. Tied a rig and within 10 minutes i was on. After a great fight and taking turns fighting the fish i got the bat to the wash. I handed off my fish to my friend Juan and asked if he wanted me to toss out his set up. (since he is a beginner). I did and while we were still battling my fish his rod goes off. Damn we got a double going... we joked about how we would have trouble if we hooked into another. I finally got my fish close enough and handed off my rod to a bystander when lightly pulled the fish in using the leader.

51"

After about 30 minutes he finally got his fish to the wash. It took about 15 more minutes for us to bring it up on the sand. I had to take the rod while instructed him on how to land the fish. He missed a few face grabs and it was pretty comical to watch. A bystander had to help him out and pulled it in. His fish taped out to 52"(waiting on pic). Stoked for him and it was great seeing him pull on his first monster enough though it kicked his ass. Juan was shaking for a good 15 minutes after because of the fight.

Next i had a nice one run my threw the reef. That horrible vibrating feeling using results in a lost fish. tried all angles and it didn't stop, I eventually had to thmb the spool and brake it off. Lost about 40 yds of line thinking i hope i don't need that today. Tied a new leader and casted out. Casted out more times and within 45 minutes i was hooked into an absolutely monster!

It was still taking full speed runs 10 minutes into the battle... My spool started disappearing over the next 5 minutes as i frantically kept tightening up. Then i see it. The metal from the bottom of spool in a few places. Give the drag a good adjustment much than i'm comfortable with.  it keeps taking it. Had to had some thumb pressure and i started to running to the water edge and down the beach to gain line. Luckily it held and i slowly worked the behemoth into the wash. Took about 20 minutes once it was in the wash to get to the sand. I new it was a PB and had Ricks 54" from the night before beat. Truely epic battle on this one almost spooling me.

55.5"

Conditions went took a crap and we stayed another hour or so and called it. Here are a few pictures from the last few sessions which have all been amazing with few small bats and many big ones 44"-54"

Last night Rick scored him PB at 54"

50"

Rick with a 50"

Double 38" and 50"

Still pumped on these rays! Thanks for reading everyone! Going to crave some light rodding action soon after these last few sessions.

LONGCAST JOE

55.5?? That must have been just a brutal battle....is SD ready to give LA a shot at a rematch next Saturday Night??.... :o

Latimeria

I only go sharking after the Bat Fight... lol

Monstah's!  Those have some serious heads on them!  Congrats on all the PB's!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

cheese an rice.  look at the head on that thing.  Nice job my dude. 8) 8) 8)
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

lamnidae

You guys have a nice concentration of monster Bats up there. I would simply keep fishing, make it a PB battle and try to get a 60" plus.

Eric H

Sharkinthedark II

Pinoyfisher

Bitch nuts! Those are beasts! So glad you guys already lost to SD ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Damn Sean, hurts my back thinking about it. I'm thinking that one out weighs you!  Congrats brother
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

SevengillTheVC

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: vdisney on April 15, 2016, 11:56:44 AM
Damn Sean, hurts my back thinking about it. I'm thinking that one out weighs you!
It might out weigh him now but if he has seshes like this a couple times a week, Sean will be all buffed up in a couple months, better than hittin the gym.. :D
Joe

raychavez91

Nice to see exactly 1 month after the bat fight the beast models in LA have moved in lol

spideyjg

Wish we had some short wash beaches like that around here. Does nobody go to the beach up there? On a nice day we get forty eleven tourists and surfers in the way down here.

Gonna be warm this weekend so they will swarm the beaches.

Jim

sasquatch

That loose tape on the back would never fly for the batfight.

Nice fish and great session.

j.rasta