News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The Hook's Not Bass-Proof (4/16)

Started by Latimeria, April 17, 2016, 12:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Met up with Steve and Ray down at the surf.  I had a delivery of Sputnik sinkers for Ray and he was happy to be back using the Wilbur variety.

Story of the night... lots of weeds on the falling tide.  Very few bites but Ray got himself a bass and I caught a nice one on my big 12/0 BR hook that I thought might be too big for a bass... wasn't.

Other than that, the kelp and grass was atrocious.  It was borderline unfishable, but we at least gave ourselves a shot.

Nice way to relax on a Saturday evening.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

Nice checkered kine bass boss, looks like the weeds doubled in two days, hopefully they clear up soon!

spideyjg

See what happens when I'm not there weeding the ocean. Nice sized bass.

It's funny how we get annoyed at a fish most guys would be ecstatic to hook.

Jim

faster u fool

GET OUT AND GET BIT..

lamnidae

This spring has produced some serious trophy bass. That thing must of had a bucket mouth. Awesome fish.

sasquatch

Fairly tedious night. Had one decent bite while I was putting on my sweatshirt. Head half in, arms half in. Missed that bite.

SevengillTheVC

Still think it's pretty cool that your bait stealers are checkers!!! Mine are just crabs and white croaker.

raychavez91

Wasn't to bad. I caught a nice buzz and a chunky #3, which is gonna be a nice lunch for the wife today. I may pick at the bass even tho I get hives, but hey, sometimes I can't help myself

SurffishingSean

I swear i'd target lunker bass down there with one set up! Nice piggy!!  :)

Pinoyfisher

I love catching those chunky surf checkers... so tasty!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)