News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The Great Green Fireball (4/26)

Started by Latimeria, April 27, 2016, 06:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Surf conditions were horrific in the morning, but my swell app said it was going to cut to half the size by evening.  I was stuck at work for another 13 hour day when I made the final text to Steve to see how things looked.  His initial reports were discouraging, but he said it subsided and it didn't appear to be over weedy out.
I drove up to a secret location that we've only fished once or twice in the past 7 years, so expectations were high.

Steve starts off with some nice bass hits and I get a good take which seemed bigger than a bass, but missed him.  The kelp and grass would come through in waves and make things tough for a cast or two and then get much better.  As we were talking, the sky lit up and we turned to the south to see a huge green fireball with pieces breaking off as it heading into the ocean.  It was short lived and looked like a mega roman candle, but was glowing green on its descent!  Super cool thing to see, but it didn't increase our chances.  We packed it in at 10, both wearing the stripe, but had an opportunity.

Oh well, I hope others have gotten out this week and had better luck.

-Until next tide
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Bummer about the fishing, awesome fireball though  :D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

lamnidae

faster u fool

I saw that thing last night as well.  I was vina fishing and was packing it in and there it was.  It looked so close and bright I thought it might have been someone shooting off fireworks or something.  was crazy cool.  Vinas were very interested in the topwater last night,  but wouldnt commit.  Only one took the hook and popped right off. 
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Tim524

Always cool to see something like that in the sky 8)

SurffishingSean

We landed 5 bats up to 50" up in my area at a grass out location. Rick boogie boarded few baits out but we eventually started casting as it got dark. We also saw the green fire ball! Thats crazy that you guys saw it down there!! It was EPIC!

HalibutJoel99

Would have loved to see that fireball. Also thanks for the mention on the swell app, I will check it out. Thanks for the report. The weekend and into early next week weather looking much better, hopefully the surf gets better too.  ;D

spideyjg

Better with the surf apps. Surflines app eats data like candy.

Jim