News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Squish shortage and cost.

Started by spideyjg, May 09, 2016, 08:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Squid are hard to find on the cheap anymore. Ranch 99 and Zion have them at $3.99 a lb and they are huge. No doubling up on those things. They are the whole length of the container. Zion has them in a $10 box and 99 in a smaller tray.

Pull the head off alone for a good bass bait.

Jim

raychavez91

Eric H

Lots of squid at Catalina Rght now.

It's free too

Latimeria

Quote from: Eric H on May 09, 2016, 03:33:33 PM
Lots of squid at Catalina Rght now.

It's free too

Nothing's free... unless you plan on kayaking out there to jig them up.  That's still a haul in a boat.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

Personally I'm really liking the Humboldt squid. Getting them for $2 a lb and they're tough as nails.
Anybody have an emergency beer?

spideyjg

WheresMyBeer

Start buying the larger type and cut down 6" strips. OG style. Might be cheaper that way. We did that with Humbolt's a while back and it was pure candy.

vdisney

I always send Tony or Denny in at the asian market.  Last year $11.99 for 5 lbs, this year $14.99 and last Friday it was $19.99   :-X
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

spideyjg

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on May 10, 2016, 09:37:10 PM
Start buying the larger type and cut down 6" strips. OG style. Might be cheaper that way. We did that with Humbolt's a while back and it was pure candy.

I've used the oversized ones and they are tough suckers. Best success with squish is one with the head on. The giants I have gotten bites on the had alone.

I get the little packs of squish heads for small fare.

Allergies have knocked my ass off the water for a while now.  >:( >:(

Jim

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: spideyjg on May 15, 2016, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: WheresMyBeer on May 10, 2016, 09:37:10 PM

I've used the oversized ones and they are tough suckers. Best success with squish is one with the head on. The giants I have gotten bites on the had alone.

I get the little packs of squish heads for small fare.

Allergies have knocked my ass off the water for a while now.  >:( >:(

Claritin doesn't help?
Jim
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)