News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

5/20/16 SD Report

Started by 1morecast, May 21, 2016, 08:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1morecast

Fished Friday from 7:00-10pm with the high at 9pm. Went solo again since Mike scares the fish away when I fish with him. (j/k  ;D) It's been great with the sunsetting later and later now. I can actually see where my rig lands, kinda sad actually.  :-[

When I arrived the conditions were pretty good, a little windy but the water was salad free and the waves were mellow. I sent the mac head out and placed the rod onto the holder. Within 5 minutes of putting my bait out there I get a nice long strike on the rod. I tighten the drag and this fish keeps going, I look down at my reel and see this fish has taken out my 80 yards of mono and I'm into the braid backing. (haven't had a fish do that in a while) By the way it's pulling and lack of head shakes we all know what it was. I look behind me and I see I have a crowd, not use to fishing during the day. I try my best not to lose it in the surf, after about 8 minutes of pulling I time the slide of this 43 inch bat in on the next wave.

I get one of the spectators to take a photo for me.

Lots of critter bites tonight I don't know how this 12" YFC get's hooked on a 10/0 circle hook?

Although I didn't catch the target species, it was fun none the less. Summer is almost here.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

xjchad

Nice solo surf bat!
It's always fun to have an audience, but makes it more nerve wracking too LOL!
I pulled in a 12" smelt on a 12/0 circle once, didn't even know he was there. Serves those little bait stealers right!

sasquatch

Nice one Binh. Beats a skunk for sure.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Latimeria

Right on Binh!  you are crushing your counterpart in the "Catching" category!  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

HalibutJoel99

Nice job, in what looks like not so good conditions!