News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

NSF AM 1/2 day (5/22)

Started by Pinoyfisher, May 22, 2016, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Original plan was to do a 3/4 trip, but I slept through my alarm... I think. Hopped on the New Seaforth to salvage my morning. We motored to the TP/Del Mar area in ~300' of water. 12oz torpedoes, double dropper loop, and anchovies was ticket. We stripped up some rockfish and macks too. Lots of reds, Boccaccio, and bank perch! I got my limits on the first 3 drifts. Forgot my phone in the car, so picks are post catching.

Weather was beautiful! Captain told me LJ is absolutely loaded with anchovies and mackerel!! Unfortunately, sea lions too. Hence the hour long boat ride.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Nice goin 8)

I'm going on a 3/4 day June 4th..

1morecast

Slept through your alarm and left the phone in the car! Wow, you must have had a rough night Mike! At least you got us some shark bait, right?  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Nice session Mike.  I might probably break down and go on a cattle boat this week.  I haven't been fishing on a boat since the Boma broke down in January.  I haven't been on a open party cattle boat since 2002.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: Latimeria on May 23, 2016, 06:17:58 AM
I might probably break down and go on a cattle boat this week.  I haven't been fishing on a boat since the Boma broke down in January.  I haven't been on a open party cattle boat since 2002.
Do it Tom, at worst the experience will serve as that final kick in the ass needed to get a new Boma in the water  :-\

skrilla

Nice freezer fillers. Saw you guys from the sand. Looked breezy out there.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: skrilla on May 23, 2016, 08:47:19 PM
Nice freezer fillers. Saw you guys from the sand. Looked breezy out there.

It was actually pretty nice, with little to no wind.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)