News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Not a shark report 😭 (5/24)

Started by Pinoyfisher, May 25, 2016, 01:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Hit the sand with Binh. 2nd night in a row for me. Last night I was skunked.
More primo spanish macks as bait. Binh had the green backs. Soaked baits, fed the bait stealers. Had 2 solid hits, one resulted in feisty 35" or so bat ray. Felt kind of good. Almost forgot what it was like to have something pull back. I know, it's pretty sad. Gotta take what I can get. Highlight of the night was watching the grunion get all freaky deaky!

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

LONGCAST JOE

You might want to take those pics down, till June at least, before DFW comes knocking at your door with warrant in hand??? :o  I suppose you could argue you were just doing some in hand "observation" :-\

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: LONGCAST JOE on May 25, 2016, 03:27:46 AM
You might want to take those pics down, till June at least, before DFW comes knocking at your door with warrant in hand??? :o  I suppose you could argue you were just doing some in hand "observation" :-\

They weren't used for bait. CPR'd.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

You got one more than Squatch last night...  Hell, any time a fish is beached is always a win.

I'm wondering if those grunion are the reason the sharks were in thick last night?   Excellent shot, Mike.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Actually, you probably needed Binh there and the sharks would have gone off!  ;D

spideyjg

Damn being on the beach where the grunion were should have been a +. I had only the single long rod but had the bass rig and a perch rig trying to make bait. 

Gotta have a rig out there for potential halibut during grunion run nights.

Jim

sasquatch

Been awhile since I've run into grunion.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on May 25, 2016, 09:18:47 AM
Actually, you probably needed Binh there and the sharks would have gone off!  ;D

Binh was there, he was kind enough to let me catch the only fish.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on May 25, 2016, 02:33:44 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on May 25, 2016, 09:18:47 AM

Binh was there, he was kind enough to let me catch the only fish.

Duh, how did I miss that? Lol
My bad