News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

First two grinners on the spinner! + 57" bat!

Started by SurffishingSean, May 29, 2016, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurffishingSean

Went out this evening and landed my first two 7 gill sharks! also got a ray around 48" The shark burn is reel! had a blast tugging on these beast. Grigor got some awesome shots as i was doing the shark dance. Pretty sketchy landing these. What is the safest way to take out the hook?

Number two. Slighty larger model. Id say they were both between 60-70" not exactly sure. Thoughts?

Bat ray joins the fun.

Had a decent session two weeks ago and landed this
52.5"

Miro's 57" monster caught two weeks ago on a 7' terez. Congrats Miro!

Caught this halibut the other day along with some more shorts and small bass.

It was a great feeling to finally get the shark i've been after. Landed two made it even better even though the didn't fight as much as expected. Can't wait  ! A friend also landed a nice leo around 40-45"

Stay sharky everyone!

SevengillTheVC

Nice job Sean. Sharks seem thick in the skinny right now!

Pinoyfisher

Hell yeah! Ugh... big surf bats give me the shivers.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Latimeria

Wow, a few congrats are in order!  First of all, congrats on the Sevens.  Am I mistaken, or these the first Seven's from LA to go on the boards for P-Soul?
There is no easy way to tail or de-hook them.  They are a much gnarlier fight on the sand then they are in the water.  Big nasty teeth also.  Just have to be carful and a large arc de-hooker always helps.

Next one is congrats on those slobs on the beach!  Wow!  Those are some brute Bats!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Also, what bait?  Squid?  Mack?

I have to update the shark list.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

Sean, those are some oceanic beasties!  Congrats.

1morecast

One 7 gill is impressive, but two is epic! Congrats, those days don't come often. 8)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

SevengillTheVC

Like Tom I am interested on the county too. Doesn't look familiar to me so it must be LA!

EdgarP9

One of the days we didn't fish together  >:(, and you got two , stoked for you ! Gonna head out soon after some grinners for myself !

LONGCAST JOE

Wow Sean! that is impressive and encouraging to see you hung those in LA County, and not in the cover of darkness either. Don't tell us you got those on squid! What is going on!? Those might be the first 7's to come out of LA since Donfish got one during the SatBat Fight many years ago. Now you got me second guessing if I should make the drive up to Ventura this evening...hmmm. Good job dude, adding to your legend...
JOE

SurffishingSean

Thanks everyone! Hopefully the first of many sharks for myself! You guys made me more stoked on catching this LA county 7 gills. Bait was Mackerel Head.

xjchad

Right on Sean!  So cool to see some sharks beached in other areas!  How are you liking that Penn spinner?  What size is it?

SurffishingSean

xjchad: Only complaint is it is pretty heavy. Other than that its a super solid reel. I use the 8500 size but i would have been fine with 7500.

Eric H

An LA 7 is really cool.

Would like to nail some locally...