News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Mudhole CRB 14-17lb , 6.5'

Started by Chris, November 04, 2014, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

this was my first attempt at building my own rod. turns out it wasn't for me.  :P built this one so Hannah could have a lighter rod to play with the skipjack and smaller YFT we run into so often. Unfortunately she hasn't been able to use it yet due to her pregnancy. looking forward to her being able to use it next spring.

very simple wraps. main goal was just to keep them tight and get good guide spacing and alignment. Baby steps right? underwraps could be a bit smaller and I learned a few things with flex coat while building this rod. main thing is the guide placement is good, Hannah likes it and the fish don't care if I have too much flex coat on the last two guides.  ::)  ;D

Keep it tight