News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Morning Surf Session (11/8)

Started by Latimeria, November 08, 2014, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I had a few hours to kill and was torn between topwater fishing the little bay or hitting the surf.  The surf was so small, I decided to go that route.  I was also going down to meet Dave at Fishermen's Landing tackle sale for a little, so I had to make it quick.

Lot's of tiny bites early and a killer moon-set to set the mood.

I couldn't get anything to stick and it was looking grim.  I set my timer to leave in 15 minutes and my mack chunk got bit! 
Not a huge fight, but it was a legit 4# calico. 

I contemplated eating him, but set him free since I was heading down to the landings for a bit to buy some tackle.

It salvaged my day, but not much fight on a bass that size when I was using a stick for critters 20x his weight or better.   ;D

Tomorrow I hit the small rods... unless I decide to hit the big pond for a chance at a yellow.... so many decisions!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

Not a bad skunk buster....even on the heavy gear.

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be hitting the surf nice and early. Hopefully it produces something worthy of a report.

j.rasta

Nice lil checker bass... Haven't got a call back from my message earlier... Guess I'll b at ur spot on Tuesday I'll try n save u a fish or two of ur lol lucky lmfao  8) #pui