News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Mission "Bay" Session (9/3)

Started by Latimeria, September 03, 2016, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I met Andrew at dawn to try and get on some Mission Bay Fish.  I can't say that it ever went off, but we picked at a slow bass bite throughout the morning.  Mostly small stuff, but we hit 3 areas of the bay for a handful of bass.

I'm still amazed at the quietness of the bay though.  We had a decent number of hits, but they were all small bass or needlefish I presume.
I took off after 5 hours of casting practice before Andrew got on the board with a small spotty.

had to get home, but Andrew explored the surf and saw a few corbina cruising the skinny and said he had a fun time running around and exploring.  Good for him on pressing forward to explore new grounds.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone and you get them if you get out fishing.  Have a fun and safe weekend.  Our time as surf shark guys are just about here when the tourist herds thin out.

Until next tide...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

I forgot, I also had a first at the bay today.  Andrew was getting crushed with mosquitos...  I thought he was full of it as I have never been bitten by a mosquito on the bay before...

Like holy hell, I felt a sharp little stab in my leg and there was a big ass mosquito sucking blood!  I could only imagine the southerly wind blew them from the SD river to the bay.  In any case, it was a first.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Mosquitos are not what you want biting wham you're fishing. Glad the fish were too!