News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Late IV run

Started by spideyjg, September 05, 2016, 05:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Got out there late and stayed late. Off to bed now..

xjchad

Latimeria

Well damn!  I'm looking forward to hearing the story!  It must have been pretty nice out there with the cooler temperatures.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

Nice going on the channels 8)

spideyjg

The temp was more bearable. I got started too late so I didn't get out there until 9. A far cry from my goal of 2-3  :o Spent a few hours trying to make bait but the little sunfish were too small for my smallest jigs. Gonna try again with those itty bitty trout trebles. Went a little Captain Ahab on some spooky carp. I'll get them eventually.

Went to scan a couple of prospective spots and the bank was too steep on one and the deeper had no hits anyhow. Went to a main junction where water came into a smaller canal and the deeper had a crapload of hits. That is where the largest, probably 5-6 lbs came from. Lots of hits but it was real weedy. About 11 decided to hit my regular spot that always produces those 2-3 lbs cats. Bite was already slowing but landed the other 3 missed a huge run as I was back at the truck getting stuff ready.

Went back to the new spot and tried a few drifts flylined carp but nothing.

Seems best times are dusk to 11-12 at latest.

May switch to baitrunner type spinners as they seem clicker shy as things slow.

Time to get a new carp for the next run. I didn't prep the first very well and it is frozen into a brick.

Jim

sasquatch

Nice bunch of cats, Jim.

spideyjg

Quote from: xjchad on September 05, 2016, 07:39:15 AM
Yum yum!!

Yes they were. Just ate 1 of 6 dinners I'm getting from those 4 fish.

Jim

xjchad

spideyjg

xjchad

I'd take you up on that if I weren't so far away!

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: spideyjg on September 05, 2016, 07:49:59 PM
Quote from: xjchad on September 05, 2016, 07:09:14 PM

Jealous!  :P

Anyone want to go next time let me know.

Jim

Tempting! But, I'm a girl, I don't drive stick.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on September 06, 2016, 10:07:51 AM
Tempting! But, I'm a girl, I don't drive stick.

Well is all goes to plan next run I should have my Outback so no excuse on the stick.  ;)

Jim

Latimeria

Good thing you never worked at the animal park, Mike. The girls would have eaten you alive. Lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad