News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Grinners at the Silver Strand?

Started by lamnidae, September 08, 2016, 08:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamnidae

My boys are Boy Scouts camping at the Silver Strand this weekend and I was wondering if it is worth long rodding the surf down there?
Or should I try for combination and Perch?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Latimeria

Quote from: lamnidae on September 08, 2016, 08:14:14 AM
My boys are Boy Scouts camping at the Silver Strand this weekend and I was wondering if it is worth long rodding the surf down there?
Or should I try for combination and Perch?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Huge Bat Rays, Leopards and Surf Tractors down there.  I'd combo it with one long rod and one perch rod.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

Throw a long rod out, catch perch for bait... ;)

1morecast

If I'm within casting distance of water, I'm brining a rod and reel.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: 1morecast on September 11, 2016, 03:17:33 PM
If I'm within casting distance of water, I'm brining a rod and reel.  ;)

For sure!  I've learned it's torturous if I dont. So much so I 'll go as far avoiding bodies of water altogether if I'm not equipt to fish  :-[ :D

Pinoyfisher

What Tom said. If you can, bring some ghost shrimp!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)