News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

You asked for it. Leg infection pics.

Started by BenCantrell, September 08, 2016, 07:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenCantrell

August 8th - the perpetrator

the spine

August 9th

really no big deal right?

August 10th

August 12th

August 15th

August 22nd

August 23rd

August 28th - pre-shower

post-shower

August 30th

August 31st

September 5th

xjchad

spideyjg

Ouch Ben. Is that a venomous catfish or just an aggressive infection. Minor wound to big blister overnight is spooky.  :o

Did you squeeze as much blood out as possible after the stick? SOP first aid on cat spikings.

Jim

Latimeria

Good god man!!!!!  That thing looks so much worse than even my Bat Ray spike injury.  Did the wound fill up with micro-critters which caused the pustules or was that a type of venom  on the spike?  Crap, either way it would have looked like a zoo under a microscope!

Crazy Northerners....  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

I'm not aware of any venom, but it's spines were probably coated with bacteria to make the poke more serious.

Latimeria

Quote from: BenCantrell on September 09, 2016, 07:08:09 AM
I'm not aware of any venom, but it's spines were probably coated with bacteria to make the poke more serious.

Some creatures have a slime coat and glands in certain areas which produce toxins along with a lot of bacteria to make for a bad dose if punctured.  I don't know much about the South American Catfish, but will be very careful if I ever go down there fishing.   8)

spideyjg

River Monsters Jeremy Wade often covers how nasty stuff down there can be. The stingrays have necrotic venom and one guy had a wound that took 7 years to heal from one.

Jim

WheresMyBeer

skrilla

Gnarly. Did you have to take any meds or antibiotics?

Pinoyfisher

Awesome! Diggin' the heart shape too  ;) Heal up properly?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BenCantrell

Yeah I did 3 weeks on 3 different antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Sulfamethoxazole-TMP DS, and Cephalexin).  Saw the doctor today, and he said it should heal up on it's own now.

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H

BenCantrell

Latimeria