News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The Eyes Have It (9/10)

Started by Latimeria, September 11, 2016, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So our plan was to head to the little bay, pump some ghost shrimp and hit some topwater action for corvina.

The tide went a little higher than I thought it would and shrimp hjoles were hard to find.  We walked a ways and it was fun watching Andrew get his technique down to find a few shrimp.
The plan was to take them down to the surf in the morning and look for corbina and spotfin.

Andrew was digging the pump and thought it was the craziest thing.

The small bounty...

With only 7 shrimp, we had to make them count.

We head to the back bay looking for corvina on the topwater to end the evening.  We had a few needlefish chase our baits and a few missed blow-ups, but really nothig for the most part.

I told Andrew about all the cool impressions I usually find in the sand around here and he yells... "There are a set of eyes looking at me!".
Sure enough...

We quickly found out there were hundreds of small butterfly rays and diamond sting rays lining the shore of the bay!  You couldn't walk 10 feet without seeing 1, or 2, or 3....

Andrew actually snagged one in the back accidentally, but it was barely hurt.

I tried to get some great underwater shots, but they moved off when the camera got too close.

We did find this big 6" red "Blue Crab?" crab tryig to bury itself in the mud.  It was missing some appendages, so I'm sure a bat was there trying to make him dinner.

After messing with so many rays, we called it the night since we planned on getting up early and surf fishing.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

You guys could only scrounge up 7 ghost shrimp?! You gotta get a new spot!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

I've been out there when the sand had eyes like that. They were everywhere last year.

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on September 11, 2016, 10:55:05 PM

High tide.... 2 feet lower and we would have had all that we wanted but sometimes we can only get out when we get out.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on September 12, 2016, 06:17:54 AM

High tide.... 2 feet lower and we would have had all that we wanted but sometimes we can only get out when we get out.

Should have called me. I got a high tide spot.

1morecast

Quote from: sasquatch on September 12, 2016, 10:17:25 AM
Quote from: Latimeria on September 12, 2016, 06:17:54 AM

Should have called me. I got a high tide spot.

I found a spot with ghost and bone fish too.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)