News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Turned into an epic night of crazy

Started by BackBayMan, September 12, 2016, 07:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BackBayMan

Big surf Saturday night forced us off our normal AO, so we decided to try for some Leos at a spot we haven't fished in quite awhile. Got lines in around 6:30, but it was pretty windy. We settled in with a couple of adult beverages and watched the sun go down. There was no salad, but to be honest with the strong current/wind, we were doubtful. We fished on and just after sundown the wind calms down and I get a runner. Grab the rod, but the fish dropped the bait. Judging from the bite marks, it was a small model, but the right kind ;D

Then it started.

I got a small ray. Then Kyle got a small ray. Then I got a small ray, Then Kyle gets a bigger ray. Then, I don't know, we lost track. We had two rods out each, and for the next couple of hours we were running around catching and releasing a bunch of fish. It got crazy, one of us would be on a fish and the other would have to go grab the  other's rod to pull in another fish. Some how I pull in a 40" sand shark, but it was actually connected to another rig that my hook caught the metal eye on a 2oz weight that was connected to another rig that was snagged on a surf leash. Finally Kyle hooks up with what we came for, a nice Leo. He had to land it solo because I was busy bringing in a 30" ray. Anyways, we get a tape on the beast and some pics. 51" and Kyle's first Leo! About 10:30 the bite slowed, so we called it and went home happy. Wish we had better pics, but it got so busy we kind of lost track ;D

Looks calm, but the wind was blowing!

Should have seen all the stuff this guy was dragging around.

Don't know why we felt compelled to measure a croaker ::)

A whole bunch of these with a couple 25" to 30" models.

Target acquired and Kyle's first Kitty 8)

Anybody have an emergency beer?

xjchad

8)
Sounds like a great evening! Nice work!

Latimeria

Now that's some nice action there Chip & Crew!  ...and a nice Leppo to boot!

I bet you guys had to carry up a lot of empties to the recyclable container, but at least they were lighter without the contents inside!  :)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Quote from: Latimeria on September 12, 2016, 09:44:50 AM

I bet you guys had to carry up a lot of empties to the recyclable container, but at least they were lighter without the contents inside!  :)

That doesn't necessarily make it easier LOL  ;D

BackBayMan

QuoteI bet you guys had to carry up a lot of empties to the recyclable container, but at least they were lighter without the contents inside! :)

Really only had a chance to enjoy 3. Fish interrupted our beer drinking ;D

QuoteThat doesn't necessarily make it easier LOL ;D

Roger that ;D

Eric H

Nice going chip.

I've caught a handful of leopards there as well.

LONGCAST JOE

What was that 40"er, a grey smoothhound?

lamnidae

Pinoyfisher

Been a while since I've had a night like that :-[ Great to see things are improving.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Sounds like a great evening, conditions look stellar.  And congrats on his first leo, more will surly follow  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

QuoteWhat was that 40"er, a grey smoothhound?

Yup.