News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Critter Gitters (9/14)

Started by Latimeria, September 14, 2016, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So Andrew is on his final days of being out here in California and we made a quick stop at the beach with Sasquatch.  Conditions were great, but there were no bigger critters biting.  Thankfully for Andrew, he brought the 9' custom rod he made for the trip out here with a 5000 size reel for some critter fishing.  He did quite well, unlike me who lost every fish I had on.

Andrew's first bass of the night.

I forced him to put on a whole squid as the squid was too beautiful to cut up and he got a really bif round ray.  This fugger was mean...

Steve got on the board with a leopard as Andrew was picking away at the bass and critters.

Andrew got his keychain leopard also.  lol

He also got 3 or 4 yellowfin croaker.  We threw the big one back, but I kept two of his for some surf bait on future trips.

His nicest bass of the evening.

Well, I wore the stripe, but it was fun watching them catch some critters.  I'm way too tired as those late night trips are brutal when you have to get up at 4:15.

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

that looks like fun fishing. Kinda strange not having a TOM sighting ...  :P :P :P

sasquatch

Got home 1145. Son had people over. 1230 I told them shut up. 430 up for work. Caught an hour nap after work and now I'm waiting at a packed ER for my sons chest X-rays.

Last night sucked for me. Lost 3 rigs to snap offs. Has to be a suck record. At least the company was good.

Bob Benner

Thats some good looking squid Tom. Care to share where you found it?

Bob Benner

Quote from: sasquatch on September 14, 2016, 10:22:47 PM
Got home 1145. Son had people over. 1230 I told them shut up. 430 up for work. Caught an hour nap after work and now I'm waiting at a packed ER for my sons chest X-rays.

Last night sucked for me. Lost 3 rigs to snap offs. Has to be a suck record. At least the company was good.

Hope your son is okay Steve.

sasquatch

Thanks, Bob. All is well. More of an abundance of maternal caution than anything.

Latimeria

Quote from: Bob Benner on September 15, 2016, 01:13:07 AM
Andrew picked it up from somewhere. I'll find out and give you a shout.

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on September 14, 2016, 10:22:47 PM

Holy crap Steve! I hope all is well

spideyjg

Quote from: Latimeria on September 15, 2016, 01:05:11 PM
Quote from: Bob Benner on September 15, 2016, 01:13:07 AM
Andrew picked it up from somewhere. I'll find out and give you a shout.

Ranch 99 had 3lb boxes as does Thuan Phat in Linda Vista. Thuan phat they are $6.00

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: sasquatch on September 15, 2016, 08:16:09 AM
Thanks, Bob. All is well. More of an abundance of maternal caution than anything.

That's good to hear Steve.