News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bait makin

Started by Mateo, September 27, 2016, 10:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mateo

Got up early and hit the sand at Seal Beach with Kate. We traded off throwing cast master and Sabi kind with 11 and 13 foot carp rods.   my first cast was a lizard fish. A little later got a double on bonito.  hooked another and handed it to Kate. Other fisherman and women weren't catching squat and started moving next to us. Kate threw out again and got a double on bones of her own.  I got anot her lizard and then no more bites for a hour though saw bone boils in the distance and lots of beans and Mullet swimming in the skinny. We took off home and grabbed Vietnamese coffee and Thai tea for breakfast.  Good to have some shark bait in the freezer and maybe even lobster bait. Acquired 3 hoop nets this year and planning to use them once I figure out a spot to paddle out my water tender or 1 man intex raft. 

sasquatch

So jealous of you guys that can get the bonito and mackerel off the beach. Of course, I don't do the kastmaster thing too often, but I still don't hear of it from the guys that do.

Latimeria

No kidding.... That's the kind bait right there and you're getting them off the beach.  That is sevengill and soupie candy! Hell, everything eats bonito!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Mateo

Magic bait. Gonna go again tomorrow and pick up some steel leader makin supplys on way home.

Pinoyfisher

Must be nice! Good score on the bonies!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Outstanding, I had the same morning.  Mackerel to the point you got tired of them with a few of these thrown in.  First bones from the beach this year for me.................didn't mean to jack your thread brother.

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Mateo

Nice Verne! They are everywhere this year. Seen them while surfing.  Boils at every beach!