News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bait Thieving and Big Screamers (10/7)

Started by Latimeria, October 08, 2016, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, with everyone going on Tommy's 2.5 day tuna charter and me being stuck as a land lubber, I decided to hit the surf for a short session.

I armed myself with 2 blue perch, 1 yfc, and 3 mackerel and ran up to the beach.

Tide was less than ideal, but the conditions were great.  No salad... small surf....no rip current to speak of.

I constantly switched up baits to see if it was a really a bait thing or just mere chance.   Bait went out...

First bait on the list was YFC.  The bait stealers were out there thick tonight!

Not a single bait was even coming back on the hook and the slow bites ranged from lobster to baby bass. 

I finally put on a big chunk of Blue Perch and went to take a piss as I had little to no faith in it.  The minute d!ck in hand... a screamer!

I get two steps away and it drops it..... GRRRRrrrrr.

Mackerel were not getting the right hits, but I was getting more finfish action on the Blue Perch followed by the YFC.   I put a really big Blue Perch head on and finally got a big bouncer to stick.  a 3# Calico was a welcomed sight.

A few baits later, I get another big bouncer and screamer!!!  I was only 20 feet away from the rod and got one step away from grabbing it before it dropped it!  ARGHHHHH!!!

A little while later, I get a bounce in the rod and it loads up, but doesn't scream out.  This time I get the hook in her.

3-1/2' Leppo.

I only had mackerel left at this point and finally snagged a couple of what was stealing my baits...

Last bait of the night and I get another nice bounce in the rod.  I missed the SOB, but it was an action packed 3 hour session for the most part.  I wished I would have seen what those screamers were, but it was a fun relaxing evening and good to see some bigger bites starting to happen.

Has anyone else been getting out?

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

Way to give it a solo shot Tom.

As you know it's time on water.

Your next one is on its way 8)

"I finally put on a big chunk of Blue Perch and went to take a piss as I had little to no faith in it.  The minute d!ck in hand... a screamer!"

That would be my luck

I usually piss next to my rod then just kick some sand over it.

If I get a screamer while pissing I'll just get on it. This would likely leave piss dribbling down my leg but I won't tell anyone ;D

spideyjg

There is no better bite trigger than trying to pee.

Jim

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on October 08, 2016, 09:41:14 AMThe minute d!ck in hand... a screamer!

I had to read this twice, are we talking about fishing or..............ahhhhh, never mind   ;D ;D ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: vdisney on October 08, 2016, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on October 08, 2016, 09:41:14 AMThe minute d!ck in hand... a screamer!

I had to read this twice, are we talking about fishing or..............ahhhhh, never mind   ;D ;D ;D

I'm wondering who's d!ck it was in his hand;) Hmm... where's Binh at?!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Eric H

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on October 09, 2016, 02:09:21 AM
Quote from: vdisney on October 08, 2016, 05:24:55 PM

I'm wondering who's d!ck it was in his hand;) Hmm... where's Binh at?!

Is that what you guys in SD do??   ;D ;D ;D

sasquatch

HalibutJoel99

Doing better than me on the Lobsters, Tom!  :-[ :-[ Nice report!