News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Let's see your Jack O' Lanterns

Started by xjchad, October 28, 2016, 09:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

With 5 kids, pumpkin carving at our house is an hours long event that requires some preparation...

The kids draw pictures of what they want  on the pumpkin and then help scoop out all the goop.  I do most of the carving since they're still a bit sketchy with the knives.  Here is our final results.

Let's see yours!

Latimeria

We're carving tomorrow.  I'll post pics up then.

Killer Jack's you guys carved!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

Eric H

Just bought my pumpkin, now brewing up some carving ideas....

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

xjchad

Eric H

Enjoyed doing this as a kid with my mom, dad and brothers.

Now at 32 I still have fun doing it :)

Thinking about doing one more this year.

Latimeria

Love the Jack-O-Lanterns!

Well, I didn't get a light in them yet, but we had my daughter and her boyfriend show up to carve some pumpkins and have dinner.

Everyone got to carving!  The rain screwed with our outdoor plans, so we opted to mess the inside of the house up instead.   8)

I even got my little one to take the guts out.  This was awesome as I've had to do it every other year.

My daughter really wanted me to carve a fish, but I was exhausted.  I finally did so, but did a complete rush job on it.  That story will be for later as I did a crappy job as I was tired as hell after getting up early and fishing Cuyamaca for most of the day.
I'll post finished pics later tonight.

On a cool side note, we had a Jack-O-Lantern contest at work today and have some pretty good prizes.  I was running out the door, but was under strict orders from my daughter to leave all the pumpkins at the house so I don't accidentally break any.  I grabbed a spaghetti squash off the kitchen counter and a drill from the garage.  Soon as I got to work, I found a plastic spoon and my fishing knife and went to work.  In about 5 minutes I had a "Squash" style Jack-O-Lantern!  To make sure I get into the winning, I'm making people feel bad for my Charlie Brown Pumpkin with this note.  We'll see if this group is sympathetic or a bunch of cold-hard jackals!  lol

hahahahahahahaa

xjchad

Very cool Tom!  Love the rubber glove garnish on your work lantern!

Latimeria

Quote from: xjchad on November 01, 2016, 10:59:39 PM
Very cool Tom!  Love the rubber glove garnish on your work lantern!

Those are it's "Great Pumpkin" wings to take it to the top.  Option B was to smash it on a plate and have a sign saying "Neegan and Lucille were here".  lol