News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

7s and Soups...

Started by Pinoyfisher, December 29, 2016, 01:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Were the target, managed a couple checkers instead. Hit the sand a little late, as usual, with Binh. Great conditions.

Binh was first with a toad calico at 20" off of squish. I invited it home for dinner and it gladly accepted.

I managed a checker of my own, a 12"er that was sent back. Mack was the ticket.

Brought my critter rod along as well and some market shrimp. Had one solid bite all night long. Strange I didn't have more success as the critters were totally stripping my baits.

Missed a couple rod shakers, I'm guessing they were eels as some of my baits came back pretty raked. We called it at 11:30pm. Nice night, just not a lot of action.

Obligatory bass on the cutting board pic to give everyone an idea of its chunkiness. Belly was empty.

May give it another shot tonight.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

Critter rod and squish heads are the ticket Mike.

Jim

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: spideyjg on December 29, 2016, 02:20:21 PM
Critter rod and squish heads are the ticket Mike.

Jim

Was trying to accomplish 2 things with the critter rod, catch fresh bait and bring home some fresh fish for my mom. I didn't put much effort into it though. I actually put the rod down to tend to the long rod and then forgot about it. If I make it out tonight, it's looking like I will, I'll put a little effort into it.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

You got me on the title!  lol

Well done guys.  I can't even remember the last surf checker I hooked.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Tim524

Latimeria

Oh... And is that Binhs hand or your hand with the rag holding the bass' mouth?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

Quote from: Latimeria on December 31, 2016, 08:33:09 AM
Oh... And is that Binhs hand or your hand with the rag holding the bass' mouth?

Yeah...

That's kind of embarassing ;D

Pinoyfisher

What the hell are you guys drinking?!! There's only one hand in the pic and it's mine. Binh was busy massaging my shoulders  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)