News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Kitty makes bait

Started by spideyjg, January 02, 2017, 07:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Met up with Tom at 10:30 to see what we could round up mac wise. All my old bait was beyond sad.

Went out the MB inlet about a mile or so and we dropped for bait hit a few swarms and ended the day about 2:30 after heading in and trying some live macs for bigger fish but nothing was going. It was mainly a bait run anyhow and Tom took home a bag and I had about 5.

Best guess we had about 35 fish so lots of shark/catfish bait.

Mix of greenbacks, sardines, and herring. At one point pulled the sabiki up with a full load of 5 fish but 3 dropped off as soon as they were airborne.

Pic of me driving out. Safety glasses are because there is no windshield and at high speeds you go wind blind.

Latimeria

Great time Jim. That boat is a great local boat and LJ is totally legit for the SS Kitty!
Thanks again!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Got a good report on the macks. Nice to have fresh bait.

Pinoyfisher

Damn, I'd love some fresh bait!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

Jim, I see a new side business of bait salesman in your future. ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Eric H

Nice, glad you got your new toy out 8)

spideyjg

I'm sure there will be another run around Batfight night.

I was hoping for some Bonita but zip.

Gotta fix a few things with the livewell, winch, and bilge pump before the next ocean trip.

Jim

Eric H

I thought it was strictly a cat fish boat

spideyjg

Quote from: Eric H on January 03, 2017, 04:31:59 PM
I thought it was strictly a cat fish boat

Well I need bait don't I?  ;D Part of the whole catfishing process.

My primary goal is a monster blue this year and fresh bait is best. Market stuff doesn't cut it.