News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Irons and saltwater lures for dummies.

Started by spideyjg, January 06, 2017, 08:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Well since the Kitty can reach moderate offshore I'd like to build a kit but know nothing of irons and yellowtail/small tuna fishing stuff.

Where would I even start?

Jim

sasquatch

Tady 9. Scrambled egg and dorado colors. As if I were an expert.

Pinoyfisher

Get a variety of light and heavy irons.

Light:
Tady 45
Salas 7X
Candy Bar
Kicker

Lighter:
Tady C
Tady AA
Tady A1
Salas 6X

Heavy:
Tady 9
Salas 6X Jr
Sumo

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

skrilla

Some great tips on Youtube on how to pick better swimmers. Offset hips, offset holes, check the welds on the rings. Or go see Danny Wade at HM Landing and ask him to pick a few good ones.

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: skrilla on January 06, 2017, 09:13:24 PM
Or go see Danny Wade at HM Landing and ask him to pick a few good ones.

While I don't like any of those landings ... have met this dude. Good tip

Latimeria

My bad swimmers still catch more than most people using good swimmers.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Picked some up at a shop but they were too busy to help me pick a bunch.  >:( Will try some perhaps Sunday depending the swells.

Jim

vdisney

FWIW, throw in a couple of Colt Snipers (pink/blue).  Killer for bones and cudas   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect