News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Déjà vu

Started by vdisney, January 07, 2017, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdisney

Second attempt searching for the bats, so far a repeat of last year.  Tony, Denny and me soaked the long rods last night for about 3 1/2 hours.  Conditions were stellar, super low surf and absolutely no weeds.  Turns out the beach was infested with small leopards, maybe 18" in length.  Our baits would be in the water for just a few minutes when the rods would start twitching, I thought it was frick'n smelt at first.  No idea how many of these we caught, but we did go through 5 lbs of squid in short order (started cutting the squid in half to stretch it out).  Gonna put it on hold for a couple weeks before we start looking in earnest.................hopefully they make a showing before the SNBF

BTW, all I could think about last night while staring out at the deep blue was.................DRONE  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

I'm think "drone" and "Pinned on Leopard" .....  lol

Your session seems status quo to what everyone else has been doing lately.  Hopefully things start to wake up with larger models... or people start buying drones.  lol
Thanks for the report, Verne!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Oops, forgot to add Denny got one pull down with a short fast run.  I'm figuring it must have been a larger model leo, but he missed the chance.   :P
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H

xjchad

Thanks for the report  Verne. Glad you got the long rods dusted off. Just got my 2017 license so I need to do some VC recon as well.

BackBayMan

QuoteBTW, all I could think about last night while staring out at the deep blue was.................DRONE  8)

;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

LONGCAST JOE

Ditto Verne, hit numerous spots in NLA, SVC last week with same results, 80% of my catch were Leo's 24" or under...got a couple BABY bats...did get away from the baby Leo's going out 150+yards with the bait cannon but that turned out to be worse, -6, damn thornback zone..
I'm just hoping the cave will  just turn on 10 days earlier then it did last year and then SD shan't be so confident⏳.

WheresMyBeer

Eric H

It doesn't take any skill to catch a SD bat, I'm sure you could get one on hot dogs 

sasquatch

Quote from: Eric H on January 07, 2017, 07:24:17 PM
It doesn't take any skill to catch a SD bat, I'm sure you could get one on hot dogs

They aren't catfish. If I remember I might try this year.

Latimeria

Well the bats all over have gone MIA... or have they?

Good thing we have them penned up down here while we feed them 5x a day to fatten them up for the Bat Fight!   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.